Strobist: Post your photos and setups

Loving this !

Buckster,
Your attention to detail is amazing, as noted by this small crop from your setup diagram! That's a great setup, using one light for background illumination, and also for fill light via the silvered reflector! An excellent contribution to this thread.
130671792.jpg

Dustin, I love these pics. These people look comfortable with each other. Was the pink brimmed hat one of your props or just the red bearded pirate's match to his pink tie? For that matter, were those even your props or just accessories of the patrons?

Last edited:
A throw away shot for a corporate digital directory........

Main: 24x36" softbox ~24" away 45x45° metered @ f/11, Fill: 45" reflective umbrealla behind camera, Accent: 10° grid, Background: Nikon SB800. All other lights metered @ f/5.6.

1205969194_ReDem-XL.jpg

BTW, I forgot to button the sleeve buttons. Cloned them in. Also took away a few wildass hairs while I was at it.​

Ill play!

These are all from last summer, so Im just tryin to recall the setup info from memory (which sucks anyways lol).

Two bare SB600's, one camera right close to ground aimed at ivy hedge, other camera left ~4' high, aimed at my side.
Strobes2.jpg

One SB600 shot through ~8" snoot (homemade), about a foot directly above the camera.
Me-1.jpg

Two bare SB600's, one camera left on ground aimed at grille/license plate, other camera right ~3' high aimed straight at the side of the car.
1-4.jpg

Zoom and power settings have long been forgoten lol. These are all shot with my D5000, and just so happens that they all used the 18-55mm kit lens too.

Here's a couple I did the other day. I'm still having a hard time with the hair blending into the background :( Set is up for the first two. The other one is my sister, its a little hot on the left side of her face (her right) but I still like it :)

5504607966_7af707cc60.jpg

5504609186_7862356413.jpg

5504604528_9b56b4b511.jpg

Set up... Can't get the stupid wrinkles out of my backdrop.
5504649838_559b0985ce.jpg

Ok so I finally got some of my speedlights working and made a backdrop out of some clearance shelf queen size sheets. This was my first time working with any type of off camera lights.

Nice tattoos!!

All the images seem a little red. I think the second one is the strongest, but it kind of looks like your smelling your armpit lol :)

great stuff Miss Cream and Nubbs. Hey Nubbs cant see the exif so what did you have the white balance set to? should be 5600K or daylight. Did you have any other lights on in the room?

WB was set on auto. I didn't even think about that setting until just now. Yes I had and incandescent light on low about 10 feet behind the camera. If I turned that light off the camera wouldn't focus.

WB was set on auto. I didn't even think about that setting until just now. Yes I had and incandescent light on low about 10 feet behind the camera. If I turned that light off the camera wouldn't focus.

that light is why you are getting screwy colors manual set the WB next time and you can buy 5600K compact florescent bulbs to use as a modeling light

Most reactions

Back