Strobist: Post your photos and setups

SB800 bounced off ceiling near subject, SB800 camera left ~4' from subject at 45* bounced off silver umbrella, SB800 8' from subject camera right-center through white umbrella, Silver reflector near subject camera right

Inspiration by Trever1t, on Flickr

Pepper_Drop_1042.jpg

A couple more from this shoot here.

Pepper_Drop_Lighting.jpg

THIS is fantastic! Terrific work. LOVE it.

What kind of softbox is this that allows you to use a Nikon speedlight instead of a studio strobe?
There are many adapters out there to use most any soft box with our flash unit. I buy universal mount softboxes and make my own adapters our of ABS pipe and brackets. takes just a few minutes

D7K, 35mm f/1.8 DX
ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/320 sec, cybersyncs

single Nikon SB-80DX through socked beauty dish slightly above and to the right of camera.

SAF_4861 by Spoe70, on Flickr

Another portrait of my wife and daughter. Single SB-700 shot through Photoflex 45" umbrella 45 degrees camera left, and a large piece of corrugated white plastic camera right for fill light.

Thanks for looking.

6327283572_2e542e186d_z.jpg
[/URL] Katelyn Momma 3-1 by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]

SB800 bounced off ceiling near subject, SB800 camera left ~4' from subject at 45* bounced off silver umbrella, SB800 8' from subject camera right-center through white umbrella, Silver reflector near subject camera right

Inspiration by Trever1t, on Flickr

Nice photo! What's the difference in the light quality between bouncing off a silver umbrella versus a white umbrella? Does the silver umbrella have a black reflective removable surface like the white one?

Thanks, the abuse I put her through with posing for hours :D

The silver is a bit more contrasty and no, the black cover isn't removable so it's a single purpose unit. ;)

What kind of softbox is this that allows you to use a Nikon speedlight instead of a studio strobe?
I'm not as resourceful as Chito, so I buy mine already manufactured. The 24" is a Lastolite Ezybox.
I also have two 15" softboxes by Alzo Digital.

Nice photo! What's the difference in the light quality between bouncing off a silver umbrella versus a white umbrella? Does the silver umbrella have a black reflective removable surface like the white one?
A silver reflecting umbrella will produce a more contrasty light than a white. Each have their uses.

I just got my first speedlight and accessories last night and had a few minutes to snap a couple self portraits.

Canon 30d / 50mm 1.8 / speedlight through white umbrella camera right about a foot from my face.

Edit, posting from phone doesnt look like picture is showing up.

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laramiebates/6327273433/

I just got my first speedlight and accessories last night and had a few minutes to snap a couple self portraits.

Canon 30d / 50mm 1.8 / speedlight through white umbrella camera right about a foot from my face.

Edit, posting from phone doesnt look like picture is showing up.
6327273433_dfe7028604_b.jpg

Great first try :) a little dark on the dark side, try with some fill light.

Also check the tutorial on how too embed images on the forum you just grab the url and paste it into the box that comes up when u press on the img tool and uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

tomato-drown.jpg

used two flash one left and one right at power of 1/8

What!!

The strobist thread down on PAGE 3.. Unacceptable I tell you :D

b1bc39026b18790e4ff6012237f36d82-d4j99qj.jpg

Har_kopt_mig_en_kaffemaskin_samt_nagra_najsiga_koppar_Bilden_tagen_med_Samyang_85mm_f_1_4_1_4.jpg

I bought myself an espresso-brewer as an early present, works great for good Irish coffee :D

Most reactions

Back