Strummin' on the Bass

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An interesting technique of the Bass player making his music while the drummer puts his sticks to the strings. It's an interesting and quite guttural musicality, but a tone that sticks a smile on your face and a beat in your heart.

$10373631475_2bf78a2bf8_o.jpg

Technically it's very nice. A good conversion with pleasant tonality.
I'm just having a hard time connecting with the shot.
Not sure if it's the busy background or just the lack of intimacy in the POV.
It's missing for me by a bit.

^^ What sleist said. Perhaps if you'd stepped a couple of feet to your right and gotten a more front-on angle? I'd like more of the frame to be devoted to what you explained they are doing; we only get a sliver of the action.

No doubt it is a gorgeous instrument, and they are having a great time with it. :)

Thanks, guys. Bad thing about bands in parks is they're not particularly neat in where they place their stuff or where the rest of the band stands. I liked the shot for the conversion as much for the interest in the technique but to get a better angle would have meant knocking down the trumpet player. ;)

I think a more open aperture would have served this well, specifically to knock down the brick wall a bit. A different conversion, bricks being helpfully red (usually?) might help here, to give a little better tonal separation between the drummer's shirt and the bricks.

I like it pretty well, mainly because it's just a weird thing to see!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back