Stuck 60D external flash indicator.

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any ideas on how to fix a stuck external flash indicator? I was playing with my new 580exii and when I took it off the camera the camera still thinks it's there. I cant get the built in flash to come up and the Off camera controls state that they can't activate because an "external flash is still connected".

I'm assuming the little button in the front of the hot shoe is not coming up making the camera think it's still there. Any ideas how to fix? Any help would be great.

Look to the side of the hotshoe under where the flash slides in. There is a little pin there that should pop up after using a flash. Sometimes you can take a pin/needle and give it a little push to get it to pop back up. Otherwise you'll have to a. send it to be serviced somewhere or b. remove the metal plate from the hotshoe and pop the pin back up. If the spring underneath it is shot or broken you'll have to send for servicing anyway.

Thanks! I'll check that! Thanks for the help.

Just checked all the contacts and every thing looked good. I did however try taking the battery out and "re-setting" it. THAT WORKED! Thanks for the help guys.

Most reactions

Back