Stuck in the rain

Daniel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this one, that's why I ask for advice. This plant somehow managed to grow on my balcony.

I wanted to capture how lonely this plant seems to be in this very heavy rain, yet it can easily withstand the destructive force. Let me know if I at least somewhat succeeded with this shot, I can't tell.

rain1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I think this is a wonderful shot! Really well composed, nice exposure. The drops seem to be frozen. I'd only crop a bit of the bottom part because it isa bit distracting.

Ok heres my take, crop it in a bit on the left and on the bottom. The composition and detail is perfect and the drops hiting the ground are what I would want to bring out in the shot. This emphasises to me the destructiveness you were trying to capture. Other than a crop I think this came out extremely well, good work.

I have mixed feeling about this shot. On one aspect the rain hitting the balcony is in decent detail, however towards the top in the dark areas it just really looks like noise. This really takes away from the whole image.

I imaging it would have been nice to have a shallower DOF and focus more towards the plant instead of the vast space.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I see now whats wrong with the crop. I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can come up with a better version.

Your picture is creative. However, as members have suggested, there is a big problem in placing your main subject. In my opinion you need to emphazise more on the rule of thirds. Remember that there are 4 intersections that the human eye is directed to. :wink:

RuleOfThirds.gif

I get a bit confused with some of the terminology used, when you say crop on the left, are you referring to the left as you view, or as if you are looking from inside the pic. I agree with most of what is said, especially the rule of thirds, for me place the plant on the top third, and reduce the pic on the right as you look at it. Ernie

Oy, I don't know how big on editing you are, but if you wanna make it look lonely but standing up against a destructive force you could remove all color for the loneliness and then keep color in the plant for the steadfastness. I sent you a PM to show you what I was talkin about, it was fun to play with thanks for takin a sweet picture.

Most reactions

Back