Studio Backdrops

TrueColors

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I do event photography for the school I work for from time to time. One of the problems I run into is a get groups with students and teachers who all want a photo taken but I can't get them all to fit into the 10 foot backdrop. Is it heard of for photographers to use wider backdrops than 10 feet? This year I'm thinking of doing a green screen to make it more fun and I would love to be able to fit a lot of people into a frame.

Thanks!

Sure; 10x24 is a very common size for muslin; just turn it sideways! Finding a chroma-key background that large might be a challenge, but I'm sure they're out there.

I do have a 10x20 green screen....but if I hang it up sideways 10' won't be tall enough since I shoot large groups....I'm thinking of getting another 10x20 green screen and sewing it to the one I have (so then I would have a 20x20).....and then extending the width of my backdrop stand.....having a 20' wide backdrop seems excessive, but since of do these events for free for a good cause I don't want to do much post production, cropping out the sides, I like to be able to just hand them a memory card at the end of the night.

Most reactions

Back