Studio Design

JessicaBlair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, the other deal fell apart. But we are still buying a house in which I will have a room to use as a studio. It's about 10 feet by 12 feet with around an 8 ft ceiling. There is one window in the middle of each of three walls, with the doorway on the fourth wall. I'm looking for set up ideas along with wall color ideas and suggestions! Any advice will help! Thanks!!!

What directions are the windows facing? Is there nice light coming in? You may be able to use them to your advantage. Then close them off with paper or cloth for more controlled lighting.

The color of the walls is certainly up for debate. I would go for white.

Love & Bass

A window is facing each of the north, east and south. The doorway is in the corner of the North and West wall

...I'm looking for set up ideas along with wall color ideas and suggestions! Any advice will help! Thanks!!!

My vote is a very, very neutral hue white or very light grey.

With a studio that small, you will always have some light reflecting off of the subject and potentially reflecting from the walls. When that happens you don't want the light reflecting back from the walls to introduce any color tint. While painting them black would eliminate the reflection problem, there are times when using the walls and ceiling as large reflectors can be useful.

I suggest that you build several large black "gobos" (self-standing flats) that can be used to block light from reflecting off of white walls and to block light coming in through the windows.

Most reactions

Back