TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
xposurepro.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Studio shot with a local model.

3179348992_c21b9f38a0.jpg

I see where Craig is going, but I personally don't mind the floor. What concerns me is the latitude of the shot. Her legs are coming out of a black abyss. The detail in the dark end of the spectrum is lost.

-Nick

Love the legs, however the shadow in her cleavege makes it look like she is a DD cup.

The floor is there because the image was for publication and the copyspace was required .. as for the DD .. I didn't get out a tape measure but I'd say that was close to accurate.

The floor is there because the image was for publication and the copyspace was required .. as for the DD .. I didn't get out a tape measure but I'd say that was close to accurate.

Again, no problem with the floor. The cup size didn't even phase me. I am just concerned about latitude. I think you have lost detail in the blacks. Here shorts are just gone.

Just my opinions. I like the shot. Even if there was no need for copyspace, I like the floor. The reflection of the models' outline sells it perfectly.

-Nick

I feel that your eye flows up the legs, skims past the shorts and into that shadow between her breasts.
I personally don't have a problem with the shorts. If the focus is meant to be the legs, shorts don't really need to be seen THAT much, you know they are there.

I would love to see what the final publication image looked like. Would you be willing to upload a finished product complete with all the copy and whatnot?

I know many times in my work I have found that when text is applied it completely changes the feel of the photograph. As a photographer it is important to shoot with that in mind.

I agree with Craig that the floor seems dominant. And also with the fact that the image as a whole seems too dark. The darks are all clipped. With the floor, it's not so much that there's so much of it, it's the strong diagonal lines. I feel like they lead you out the right side of the picture. They bring you to the chair, which and a void, so your eyes just escape right out. Her leg doesn't seem strong enough to pull me back into the frame. Her right leg (left side of the image) seems to be a much stronger line. Maybe if the lines were leading to that, it would pull you back in. Or just having the lines be straight into the frame would be good. But the underlying problem is that my eye can't get past the black barrier of the chair. I like the pose, like the hair and like the light on the model, but the foreground never lets me get to her. As someone said, that will most likely be completely negating with overlying text. Just my thoughts.

great lighting .... good expressions ... the works :)

Most reactions

Back