Studio Flower Excercise

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two different angles... Trying out the gray background per @Tim Tucker's suggestion. Conversion. Also trying to add a little more to the composition per @Gary A. suggestion but I am still going for ultra simple at this point. Not sure of the type of flower (light purple veins) yet but it is pretty small (half dollar) and on a 4 ft bush. The wife planted it but doesn't remember what it is.

DSC_8746.JPG

DSC_8749.JPG

Balloon flower?

Excellent. The hint of texture in the background just adds a bit of depth. It is real and part of the image, it is the background. As pure black it would be abstracted from the flower and have nothing in common.
The quick glance will see the same as you other shots, and the more observant eye will see the connection (if you print and hang then you have to assume the viewer will notice things over time). You achieve the look you want and at the same time present a more convincing image to a wider audience.

I think the second one is the better.

Excellent. The hint of texture in the background just adds a bit of depth. It is real and part of the image, it is the background. As pure black it would be abstracted from the flower and have nothing in common.
The quick glance will see the same as you other shots, and the more observant eye will see the connection (if you print and hang then you have to assume the viewer will notice things over time). You achieve the look you want and at the same time present a more convincing image to a wider audience.

I think the second one is the better.
Thank you sir. I shot #2 after looking at the first one, I wanted a better angle and chose to look up under the flower.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back