Studio lighting under $500, please help

dinamaria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have on order a qbox 24 to go with my SB600. I wanted to also purchase an additional two light or single light lighting kit w/ reflector (my guess is two is better?). I have only done outdoor photography before but am getting requests to do some indoor for friends and families. I already have a backdrop stand and some backdrops. I am going to be using these at peoples homes vs. in studio.

I tried researching online but there are so many options and so many +/- reviews on the same product. Any suggestions? I set a budget for $500 but I would like to keep it lower if possible.

I hope I provided enough information and appreciate any input.

dinamaria said:
Thanks Mach0...am I able to sync these with my d90 wirelessly or do I need an additional component?

PC adaptor for your hot shoe or a set of wireless triggers.

THere must be forty or so threads dealing with this exact subject within the past two years. There have been three in the past week I believe.

As stated above, Flashpoint monolights. YES. Buy two. Or three. Get the biggest reflector you can afford. Look thru the lighting forum for some of the multi-page threads. Lots of good information there!

Most reactions

Back