Studio Maternity C&C Welcomed

ewick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I give out a lot of C&C on here so here are some shots I shot in the studio for you guys to C&C. I was working on using shadows for definition. I tried to keep it a bit under exposed to follow the mood of the shadows. The second one is just a fun shot nothing too technical on that. Let me know what you think, thanks.

8222152037_baa2919313_z.jpg
[/URL] andrea by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]

8223226090_d7eef5e9d8_z.jpg
[/URL] shadows by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]

TenaciousTins said:
Wow. I like these. I REALLY like number 2. I haven't seen that a lot.

There is a good reason you have not seen shots like no2 a lot

Yeah thereis not a big market for those type of pics but they are fun and if the client likes them...then why not?

2 IS CRAZY COOL! I love 1 too...very nice! success IMO!!

Are you using a muslin background? I'm guessing you obviousely backlit it..............

Are you using a muslin background? I'm guessing you obviousely backlit it..............

Thank you so much. I know all photos are subjective and I hope the majority likes them but at the end of the day the client liked them so I guess thats what matters. Yes that is a muslin background. This was shot in a studio with 8 different lights (not all used on these photos) but it was fun using different lighting.

I think number two has potential, but isn't necessarily "there" yet. Silhouettes are very classic, and used a lot in maternity photography. So is the older sibling looking/kissing/interacting with mom's belly. You took these two and combined them... HELLO?! Really friggin cute! The execution could use some work, but a great starting idea.

I think two would be better served (especially if you had 8 lights) by lighting the background evenly. Make it all white. Or make the fall-off less pronounced.

I think number two has potential, but isn't necessarily "there" yet. Silhouettes are very classic, and used a lot in maternity photography. So is the older sibling looking/kissing/interacting with mom's belly. You took these two and combined them... HELLO?! Really friggin cute! The execution could use some work, but a great starting idea.

what do you mean by combing them? and how could the execution be better? Thank you for the comment because other peoples POV has really helped me get better every single time.

I think two would be better served (especially if you had 8 lights) by lighting the background evenly. Make it all white. Or make the fall-off less pronounced.

I thought about lighting the background evenly but decided against it fearing it would make it look too plain, but what I should have done is shot it anyways and then I would have had more options to chose from.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back