JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this today. My daughter.
Any comments regarding how I can improve this? Love to hear thoughts on the lighting or post process work to improve it.
Used one 30x40 softbox and white reflector off to the left. Cropped to square.

EOS20D
28-135 @60mm
ISO 100, f8 @ 1/250

79013062_13eb4645b9_o.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

I think it's great, nice work on the lighting.

One thing that drew my attention right away...is the catch lights. They are too square looking (square soft box, I know). Could maybe be fixed in post, but I don't know what to do to make it look more....natural.

Thanks mike. :)
That's one thing I never even took into consideration when I bought the softbox. I guess I'll have to live with it or get in there with the clone stamp tool

I think it looks great... I dont think U need to improve! !!;) wonderful job

I like everything about it (and now I am no longer surprised why she can't write any letters any more --- she has to pose for daddy all the time, eh? ;)). I have never got as far as setting up a suitable reflector... I think a reflector is THE thing needed... well, I haven't got any softboxes or other kinds of studio lights, either... I wish I had, now that I have seen this one... *musing*

I don't mind the square reflections in the eye. I like that. It's a bit overexposed though. If you look at the histogram, you'll see.

Digital Matt said:
I don't mind the square reflections in the eye. I like that. It's a bit overexposed though. If you look at the histogram, you'll see.
I prefer the term 'hi-key' :mrgreen: :lmao:
Seriuosly tho....yeh yer right methinks. ;)

JonK said:
maybe a little vignetting would subdue the ear and barrette in her hair.

Ya know that's what I would like... but more importantly to draw your eye into the image. And... I have to reiterate the need to do general retouching on portraits.

Cute kid. You HAVE to be proud. Nice work too.

Pete

Christie Photo said:
Ya know that's what I would like... but more importantly to draw your eye into the image. And... I have to reiterate the need to do general retouching on portraits.

Cute kid. You HAVE to be proud. Nice work too.

Pete
Yep...totally proud :mrgreen:

Agree completely with your thought on vignetting.
And yes I'll get rid of the minor blemishes and a few stray hairs etc.

Thanks for your thoughts on this pete. :D

hey jonk
nice photo man.....
good use of light....
keep 'em coming...i also tried my hand at ppl shots...very diffrent from urs but still....
posted it today only...

Most reactions

Back