dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

These are a few shots from a recent session with a friend of mine. Comments and critique are welcomed as i still have a lot to learn about lighting and posing etc :blushing:

DSC_7776.jpg

DSC_7767.jpg

DSC_7763-Edit.jpg

DSC_7786-Edit.jpg

Thank you all in advance.

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like all of them except #3. The pose with his hands in his pockets like that looks a little wierd to me. Other than that, they are all great. Very nice job!

OP
D

dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Photos OK to edit
Thank you noescape and deadeye.

Noescape, i think i did go a little over the top with the editing on #2, and on reflection i do like the un-edited (less edited) version.

Deadeye, i will steer clear of that pose in future ! Thanks for your kind words also :)

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Watch those highlights on the left side of his face. I say that because this isn't high-key per se. It's just a tad overexposed. Is this a single light at subject-right? I would have opted for a rectangle or strip at subject-right, but about a half stop darker, and then a separate hair-light at subject-above-right.

OP
D

dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Photos OK to edit
Thank you Max. Unfortunately i am limited by lack of equipment. You are correct, it is one light at subject-right (firing through an umbrella).

Currently the only modifiers i have access to are 2 translucent umbrellas (small/medium size).

The originals (straight out of camera) are not 'overexposed' in these areas (asin blown out to the point of losing data), so i'm sure with a bit more PP i could improve the exposure flaws.

The hair light is a very good idea. While i'm limited by equipment i might try a fill card subject-left and move that strobe to add a bit of kick to the hair ? I havn't had enough experience to visualise what that would look like, or even if it would work, so i'll have to give it a try !

Most reactions

New Topics