Studio Shoot 08 June 2004

Bobman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
FM2 with 105mm lens. Film: Ilford PanF 50. Developed in DDX at 20C 8mins... Please comments.... Thanks

00001.jpg

I like it a lot. I don't mind the shadow too much because if you move her arms to get rid of it, you lose the pose (her arm and hair frames her face nicely) and it's not a very dark shadow anyway.

As for the spec highlights in the eyes, are they real?

Arrhhhh....its not the shadow. Its the stain, water stain....hmmm..got to rewash again...kekeke

On the first portrait, the shadow on the far cheek is too off colored to be a shadow. I like the catch lights in the eyes. I like the pose. I can see a conscious effort to compliment the the nose's features and you are one left nostril from accomplishing it completely.

On the second portrait, the only thing missing is lighting technique. There's no kicker lights. You have the model. You have the pose. You have the standard 105mm portrait lense. You have a driving determination--You have it all, Bobman.

canonrebel said:
On the first portrait, the shadow on the far cheek is too off colored to be a shadow.

I mentioned before, its the water stain. Not shadow. I just rinsed it and waiting for it to dry then I scan and upload again... :)

On the second portrait, the only thing missing is lighting technique. There's no kicker lights.

Yes, there is a kicker (fill) light. Maybe it don't show obviously.... Btw, it is scan at 72 dpi on negative and no ps applied to it. However, canonrebel thanks for suggestions and comments. Will work on it today.....again.

Thanks

I really like both the poses and composition of these shots.

However i would have preferred a black background and a little less even lighting. I think b&w is at it's best when emphasing contrast and texture.

But very nice shots.

I will hopefully be able to try some studio work of my own soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back