Studio Shoot Glamour Portraits

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to a new studio tonite and shot a few Glamour Portrait shots. Lots to process, here is the first.

Last edited:
Pretty. The little scar on the right model's shoulder is noticeable, most likely because the rest of the skin in the photo is so incredibly smooth. I guess that's the way skin in this genre of photography is supposed to appear, hence lots of makeup. The hair is beautiful and they look very sexy and engaged. Nice!

I dont know what to do about scars. If I delete them then it points it out to the model. If I dont then everyone gets to see it. Cant please everyone so I leave it alone. What would you do with moles, birth marks, scars, etc? Acne I always remove because I figure its only a temporary thing. Come to think of it, I dont shoot people much. Here is another one.

Last edited:
Nice Bynx! I usually will discuss it with the model... Glamour shots are typically totally non-realistic anyway, and any blemish is fair game for removal, IMO. The model on camera right in #1.. my eyes went immediately to those two little pits on camera left just below her lips. Just distracting when everything else is so smooth. Lovely ladies....

Skin soothing on model to the left is funky. She looks plastic or something and it doesn't feel right with the eyes.
The second image of her I think you added too much noise after you smoothed the skin.
The chaise lounge shot-I like the dark moody feel you were going for a lot here. I think the shadows are pretty hard though and would prefer them just a bit less contrast. A SLIGHT fill.
They're gorgeous shots!!!

It was just an evening of experimenting with different light sources in the studio. The first shot had a fan blowing and using large box lights. The second shot was just the light through the window with sheers between a setting sun and the models face. And the third shot had a single box light on her with the lights turned low. It was interesting exercise but since I dont have studio lights at home I didnt get much out of it. Besides I dont like shooting with a bunch of other people lined up behind me urging me to finish up. And for the third shot I hate where her right hand is. I wish it was draped along the arm of the settee.

I think that in the first one the hair could be cleaned up a little bit, but overall the lighting looks nice. The woman on the right is a little brighter than the one on the left.

I think the skin smoothing might be a little strong as well. The glistening off of the nose of the woman on the left makes her seem plastic.

Tough to clean the hair up a bit when the fan was blowing at them. As for the skin smoothing I tried a new program called Perfect365. Not nearly as good as Portrait Pro but its pretty slick for what it does. It wasnt so much the light you are noticing but their actual skin color. The girl on the left tans better than the one on the right.

Holy multiple-exposure Batman... Bynx doesn't turn into a pumpkin if he leaves the HDR forum!!! :confused:

I think all the key points have been mentioned... nice work!

The skin on their faces doesn't match their arm... Looks a bit too smoothed out/fake.

Most reactions

Back