Studio Shot Corrections

Flems

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently, I shot a few team portraits and whatnot for a local league. While all appeared well, the D300's Picture Control setting was set to vivid with the attributes boosted a little. First off Im just curious as to whether it can still be changed back to standard even though the file is already saved as a jpeg (I know you can if it is still a raw file, but im unsure about jpegs). If not, Im looking to see what changes can and have to be made as those that I have tried dont quite appear up to snuff. Its either fix or reshoot quite a few teams, preferably fix. I'll post a few samples and get back with the changes Ive made. Im aware the WB is off, but its more the mega contrast/saturation issues Im concerned with.

Thanks!

5264674773_b510e49a20_b.jpg

5264673681_f316c20430_b.jpg

If you want to change stuff after the fact, you need to keep the ingredients raw, you've already baked them and are stuck with peanut butter cookies, can't change them to sugar cookies now.

What do you edit with? You can edit the JPEGs, just try to do it only once. With LR3 and Viveza 2, correcting them should be fairly straight forward.

That's what I was afraid of. I've been using bridge to touch them up. At this point its a dillema as to whether we spend the time editing all the photos or just reshooting them. As you can see results vary from team to team due to the jersey colours. Theres been some mild success, but as I said, results vary; some are just "burnt". If anyone has any suggestions as far as what corrections may be best, be it curves, or just adjusting the camera raw sliders feel free to chime in or give one of the samples a whirl.

Scott

I found it always goes faster the second time around. This is why I like to shoot RAW and Lightroom's Synch function.

Well, if you had the same lighting setup for all the shots, you could edit one of the photos lighting using levels, curves, fill, etc, then apply that to the rest of them. I wouldn't include any color adjustments though.

I personally know no other way then to edit them one by one to maximize the quality. I would also be using multiple programs per photo. I could live with a couple dozen, but more then that and I would be overwhelmed.

Recently, I shot a few team portraits and whatnot for a local league. While all appeared well, the D300's Picture Control setting was set to vivid with the attributes boosted a little. First off Im just curious as to whether it can still be changed back to standard even though the file is already saved as a jpeg (I know you can if it is still a raw file, but im unsure about jpegs). If not, Im looking to see what changes can and have to be made as those that I have tried dont quite appear up to snuff. Its either fix or reshoot quite a few teams, preferably fix. I'll post a few samples and get back with the changes Ive made. Im aware the WB is off, but its more the mega contrast/saturation issues Im concerned with.

Thanks!

5264673681_f316c20430_b.jpg
Well, for this photo there is an easy fix to get it back in the normal range.
I did -30 on Temp and -17 on tint
1127999499_Y2ug5-L.jpg

Couple more seconds in Viveza
1127999406_FCaSf-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back