Studios, Hotels, Locations - Vancouver

BCDproductions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good evening everyone :)

First I'd like to give a little background, I am a videographer/photographer in the boudoir and glamour world.

I would love some tips and advice on a problem I am facing here in vancouver. Currently I am renting a studio space that I'm not to happy with and am looking for a new location.

I don't mind the sharing when renting but would love to be able to find a place with natural lighting, brick walls, and be able to leave some props for the boudoir. This is getting to be very difficult and with renting per hour at $ 250 each shoot I do, I'm wondering if there is a easier way.

These are my options I have in mind, any suggestions would be helpful!

Should I :

-try and find a commercial place I can rent to myself to be able to make it my own
- use hotel room day rates
- continue to share
- any cheap secret locations other then renting or sharing
- move into a 2 bedroom and make the 2nd bedroom for my boudoir photography

I have a budget of 500 a week or can push it to about 750.

Any advice would be great! :)

You want unfinished brick walls?

1. I vote for hotel.
2. Continuing in the present arrangement makes you "not happy".
3. Secret locations? Really?
4. Mixing personal and professional at the same place is not advisable.

I can't imagine what sort of commercial space you could get in Vancouver for $750/week. You might find something if you get out past Abbotsford or Chilliwack.. My studio space is a share with a local dance studio; I pay $20 an hour for a 20x45 space with 15' ceilings, two washrooms, change room, extra room and reception space/lobby. Sharing is the way to go IMO, but maybe no where you are.

I'm not sure what you mean by a secret location.

Really? Boudoir in the 'back bedroom'? Come on... think about that!

Most reactions

Back