jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They closed our walking trail along the lake due to high water, so I decided to start looking around the yard, and later the neighborhood, for things of interest. Found this katydid on a volunteer sunflower in the back yard.
KatydidOnSunflowerLeaf by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Another shot in a different location on the sunflower.
KatydidOnSunflower02 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Last edited:
never knew a katydid was a grasshopper, guess it's not part of the local vernacular around here. cool shots, the second is my favorite due to the clean background, lighting and comp.

never knew a katydid was a grasshopper, guess it's not part of the local vernacular around here. cool shots, the second is my favorite due to the clean background, lighting and comp.
Thank you! I really like how the second one turned out as well.

Grasshoppers, katydids and crickets make up different families in the order Orthoptera (staightwing insects). The order also includes locusts and mole crickets, two additional families. Grasshoppers are easy to distinguish from katydids. Grasshoppers have short antennae, and katydids have very long antennae.

I really like No. 2, BTW. The maroonish background really makes the green stand out.

Cool set. Interesting seeing what goes on in the little world beneath us. #2 for me as well, nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back