Stupid Branches and Crows!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Argh! I swear branches are the bane of my existence! SOOOOOO many shots ruined recently because of an errant branch in the worst possible places. I've been chasing both of these guys for a couple weeks now and always a stupid branch! Or of course there are always the crows that are pretty much convinced nobody cooler than them belongs in the area...mind you... they are kinda an early warning system, when I hear the crows start to fuss I know someone is around so I suppose it's a fair tradeoff.

I say bring on spring so I can actually get into the field(s) etc... and have more vantage points... without branches around their faces preferably!

First is a Sharpie and the other two are a Red Tail.

Argh! I swear branches are the bane of my existence!
Sounds like you have it pretty good, in the grand scheme of things :)

I rather LIKE having the crow in that last photo.
In the first two, those branches aren't bad and could probably be cloned out with just a little effort.

I feel your pain with the branches. Birds just KNOW how to position themselves so that there is *always* a branch in the way.
But the downside to your warmer weather theory is: Sure, you'll be able to walk around and have more "vantage points"--but the likelihood will increase that ALL those vantage points will have LEAVES covering up the bird! I actually think winter is a better time for perched birds just because of all the dead trees. But granted, for me that USUALLY (not THIS year!) means getting out in 20-30 degree F temps and maybe once or twice a winter dealing with an inch of snow. Not exactly the frozen tundra of the North around here. And thank goodness for that!

Also, why not just shoot the crows instead if there are abundant crows? Figure out a time of day and processing technique and composition that makes them all creepy and cool.

I could Ron but I didn't think it was a strong enough shot to really mess with it, it was more for illustrative purposes ;)

Ha! Gav! Ok I admit it, I do have it pretty darn good, I'm BEYOND a lucky Bunny to be able to do what I do, maybe it's my rabbit's feet?

Thanks BobaPhil and welcome to TPF! I'm on the fence with the crows, like I said they alert me to anything they don't like in the area and that pretty much means anything bigger than a songbird lol but they can be a nuisance at times also, like the crack of dawn lol

I could Ron but I didn't think it was a strong enough shot to really mess with it, it was more for illustrative purposes ;)

Ha! Gav! Ok I admit it, I do have it pretty darn good, I'm BEYOND a lucky Bunny to be able to do what I do, maybe it's my rabbit's feet?

Thanks BobaPhil and welcome to TPF! I'm on the fence with the crows, like I said they alert me to anything they don't like in the area and that pretty much means anything bigger than a songbird lol but they can be a nuisance at times also, like the crack of dawn lol

Sorry meant that to be a lighthearted comment toward the "Stupid crow" part of the title.

I rather LIKE having the crow in that last photo.
In the first two, those branches aren't bad and could probably be cloned out with just a little effort.

I feel your pain with the branches. Birds just KNOW how to position themselves so that there is *always* a branch in the way.
But the downside to your warmer weather theory is: Sure, you'll be able to walk around and have more "vantage points"--but the likelihood will increase that ALL those vantage points will have LEAVES covering up the bird! I actually think winter is a better time for perched birds just because of all the dead trees. But granted, for me that USUALLY (not THIS year!) means getting out in 20-30 degree F temps and maybe once or twice a winter dealing with an inch of snow. Not exactly the frozen tundra of the North around here. And thank goodness for that!

Thanks Sharon :) They DO know! I swear! I agree about no leaves 100%, unfortunately I've been a wuss this winter and not braved the frigid cold out there other than right around the house BUT! It's getting warmer from today on! woohoo!! I'm going to go for a walk down the road this afternoon when the sun gets a little lower in the sky :) It will be SO nice to get out!

I may try my hand at taking them out, believe it or not I've made it until now without really learning how to properly clone things out :blush: Perhaps it's time to learn lol

Also, why not just shoot the crows instead if there are abundant crows? Figure out a time of day and processing technique and composition that makes them all creepy and cool.

I'm workin on it, just haven't gotten "the" shot yet. ;)

I like #2. All of them are better than anything I have done. I've been trying to get some all this week, but I can't seem to get any closer than about 200 yards to them, and never get a decent shot.

You could hire some starving tree trimmer to remove the extra branches, OR put up some "posing perches". Construct some perches around your place that have less stuff in the way. Be sure to consider the backgrounds when positioning the perches. Figure out the ideal distance from your house, put up one on each side, so they have choices.

Most reactions

Back