stupid developing question.

HARTMAN25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you have some great pics and want to get them printed off where is the best place to do it. do you go to a camera specific shop and have them print them. Thanks for even looking at this question i hope when someone gets done rolling on the floor from laughter they would be able to answer this.

I took a printed shot to Target and I thought the results were decent. I didn't blow it up at all...from 4x6 to 4x6 plus I got to keep the digital image.

Shot was taken with mother's easyshare and printed with her docking printer that came with camera. I'm anal retentive and I thought it was good result.

Stay away from walmart.

Ritz/Wolf do good prints, despite the rest of their operation blowing goats.

You can also use an online print service. www.whcc.com is a really good professional printer. mpix.com is a little more user friendly, from what I've heard.

There's tons of other places.

Im with Village on this. It is the only time I would consider Ritz/Wolf for anything, if I didnt have a printer. You might consider a high quality photo printer though, depending on how many photos you plan on printing up over time.

Im with Village on this. It is the only time I would consider Ritz/Wolf for anything, if I didnt have a printer. You might consider a high quality photo printer though, depending on how many photos you plan on printing up over time.

I personally prefer to stay away from printers. You wouldn't save a lot of money over going with an online quality printer and my favorite, whcc, uses Kodak Endura paper and does chemical processing for most of their printing.

WHCC said:
A.Depending on the print sizes requested your order could be printed on one, two or three different pieces of equipment. All prints 11x14 and smaller are printed on one of our Kodak RP30s. Prints larger than 11x14 will be printed on either a Durst Theta 50 or Theta 76, depending on the largest print size ordered.

Q. Do you print with Ink Jets?A.We use archival, wide-format inkjet printers for our Fine Art print program. Otherwise, every print we produce is on real photographic paper that goes through the RA4 chemical process.

I personally prefer to stay away from printers. You wouldn't save a lot of money over going with an online quality printer and my favorite, whcc, uses Kodak Endura paper and does chemical processing for most of their printing.
I print enough of my own that, I justify doing it myself. If I only printed a couple a month then I would have someone esle do it.

Thanks guys for all your help at this moment i do not plan on having a whole lot to print but maybe as i get better that will change.

MPIX is the consumer division of Millers (one of the most respected professional labs around). You can't go wring with them...

WHCC is also top notch, and great for things that MPIX doesn't offer (like textured finishes.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back