Stupid Hair!!!!

LifesMirror

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I didnt notice this when I took this pic. Are there any free programs that would let me edit it out?
lillysfirstrosepaint.jpg

www.gimp.org

you'll need to download the GTK + 2 Runtime Environment for your opperating system, install that, and then download "Gimp for Windows" and install that. Then use the clone tool to fix your problem. This is all for windows and if you use another operating system, you must select that from the first link.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

If you arent familiar with photoshop type programs this is going to be difficult at first, and it may be must easier to host the full sized image here in the photoshop callenge forum and ask a member to remove it for you.

you could put the picture file on something like putfile or any other file hosting site.

This should be a pretty easy fix. Hell it took me about 5 minutes to even find the hair.

I haven't hopped into Gimp for awhile but I think I remember the terminology being the same as Photoshop so what you'd do is just zoom way in and Clone over the hair. The way cloning works is you click one part of the image that you want to sample from and then click the area you want fixed. Gimp will then apply the sampled area to the area that you want to fix (the sampled area will move while your cursor moves so it's not sampling the same exact area).

To be honest though since it's JUST a hair and nothing too huge, I might first try sampling that color red and just drawing a line over the hair on a fresh layer (zoom way in so you're not making a bigger line than needed). Then you could mess with the layer blending modes to add back in the shadowing, etc.

I'm sure I'm making it sound waaay more in depth than it is. If you struggle for more than 10 minutes with it shoot me a Private Message and I'll give you step by step instructions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back