Styles

You're simply mistaken. Photographers are not artists. No discussion is possible with photographers on this topic. You simply don't have the knowledge even to discuss it. I am a philosopher. I have a degree in philosophy and have studied this topic in depth You have not. I'm telling you what 'art' is. I'm not asking for your opinion on this matter, on which you have no knowledge. It's rude to try to discuss things that you're unqualified to discuss.

Drop it, because you simply have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry P.P. but I don't think you have even the first inkling of my academic credentials. On a related note to this discussion, what do you find most effective: 1) trolling with whole dead baits only or 2) trolling with teasers until you get a rise and then reeling in the teasers and letting back dead baits? I'd love to know, since the opinions of a master troller are always of interest to me.

Anxiously awaiting your reply Master Troller, I remain,
Sincerely yours,
Derrel

You're simply mistaken. Photographers are not artists. No discussion is possible with photographers on this topic. You simply don't have the knowledge even to discuss it. I am a philosopher. I have a degree in philosophy and have studied this topic in depth You have not. I'm telling you what 'art' is. I'm not asking for your opinion on this matter, on which you have no knowledge. It's rude to try to discuss things that you're unqualified to discuss.

Drop it, because you simply have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry P.P. but I don't think you have even the first inkling of my academic credentials. On a related note to this discussion, what do you find most effective: 1) trolling with whole dead baits only or 2) trolling with teasers until you get a rise and then reeling in the teasers and letting back dead baits? I'd love to know, since the opinions of a master troller are always of interest to me.

Anxiously awaiting your reply Master Troller, I remain,
Sincerely yours,
Derrel

Your credentials whatever they may be are irrelevant in this context.

You are incapable of even understanding the point I am making. The difference between 'art' and non-art is technical, not a value judgement.

Do you understand this or not?

:lol:

From dictionary.com

pho·tog·ra·phy   [fuh-tog-ruh-fee] Show IPA
–noun
the process or art of producing images of objects on sensitized surfaces by the chemical action of light or of other forms of radiant energy, as x-rays, gamma rays, or cosmic

From Wiki:

Photography is the process, activity and art of creating still or moving pictures by recording radiation on a radiation-sensitive medium, such as a photographic film, or an electronic sensor.

Almost every academic college I know of has Photography underneath the College of Art or College of Fine Arts.

:lol:

From dictionary.com

pho·tog·ra·phy   [fuh-tog-ruh-fee] Show IPA
–noun
the process or art of producing images of objects on sensitized surfaces by the chemical action of light or of other forms of radiant energy, as x-rays, gamma rays, or cosmic

From Wiki:

Photography is the process, activity and art of creating still or moving pictures by recording radiation on a radiation-sensitive medium, such as a photographic film, or an electronic sensor.

Almost every academic college I know of has Photography underneath the College of Art or College of Fine Arts.

'Art' is used in a different sense there and you know it. What I mean is photographs are not 'art objects' in the sense that paintings or sculptures are.

Do you think that 'works of art' are better in some way than things that are not works of art?

Do you understand the difference between fine art and decorative art? There is an 'art' to using a chisel to make...'art'.

Petraio Prime,
Hey, I was just thinking...the Museum of Modern Art in New York has over 25,000 photographs in its permanent art collection. I was hoping that maybe an expert such as yourself could perhaps draft a letter and send it to them and inform them that they are all a bunch of uneducated, untrained idiots whose collective intellect pales in comparison to your intellect regarding all things artistic.

MoMA | Photography
Do you think you could convice them of the stupidity and error of their ways, Petraio? I think it would be a huge service to all mankind if you'd let those fools at the Museum of Modern Art know that the photographic art they have been collecting and displaying since they established the department in 1940, some 70 years ago, is all a sham. I think we'd all be the better for it if you could manage to convince the MOMA folks that you are the One True Arbiter of Regulating Art Definitions (usually referred to in the vernacular as the o-TARD) for the 2010's, and that your opinion as o-TARD should hold sway, and that they ought to liquidate their 25,000 photograph art collection ASAP.

Again, I remain, deeply in awe of you,
Derrel

P.S.: You did not reply to my question about your preferred trolling strategy. Please reply as to your opinion of the value of 1) dead bait trolling 100 percent of the time or 2) trolling teaser baits without hooks and then reeling those in and setting out dead baits with hooks once a fish has been raised.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back