Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fellas...

I recently did a shoot involving a Subaru Liberty Wagon and i'm a still a little bit unsure of some things involving the lighting - i'd like to know your opinions on how well the subject is lit in the following picture...

lib8web.jpg

No fart-arsing here people, honest opinions but i'm open to suggestions about how to better-light-up the lower half of the car. :)

This is by no means my strong point but I know what I would like to see. The first thing that strikes me is the heavy shadow on the left side of the photo (car's right side). I believe you are going for a mood here but if you try illuminating the left side with a color (blue maybe here) you will detail the left side, while still maintaining the same mood. Possibility of a light under the car as well to give a glow effect. Also a light inside the car MIGHT be nice but I'm not sure. Something to experiment with. The big thing I don't like is the "harsh" lighting on one side with almost nothing on the other. You are trying to show off the lines, details and character of the car - then again I still didn't get a good monitor so the brightness may be off for me.

Also, just a personal opinion, I like to see cars outside where they will be used. In a garage puts the car out of its natural environment, now I'm thinking more along the lines of a brochure.

Just some amateur suggestions, hope they help.

Most reactions

Back