Submitting a portfolio, need help

Sinister_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently got the opportunity to submit some of my photography work to a rather large entertainment company, to possibly be employed by them. I have some questions for anybody with experience in this type of deal, that would be great to have answered since I've never done anything like this before.

First, I was wondering if I should include a kind of "resume" or letter explaining the equipment used and conditions/situations I've shot in?
I am going to be submitting some automotive and other shots that I took with my personal camera and such. But I will also be submitting a lot of Sports shots, which I would be doing for the company, which were taken with a borrowed camera from my High School.

Also, I have worked for a small time local company before and had submitted photos to them for online publishing, so I figured that would be useful information for them to know.. but wasn't sure about it all.

Lastly, How big should the portfolio be? I current have 47 images selected to send to them and I'm worried that that many might be too many or overpowering for them. Is there a limit I should send to them?

Thanks for any help, it's really appreciated.:D

It might not hurt just to talk to them and ask what they expect to see.

I really don't think that it's necessary to include the equipment that you used, but a short resume might be a good idea.

When it comes to a photo portfolio, I always say that less can be more. For example, while we like to judge our own body of work by our best images, other people might judge it by the worst images that they see. So therefore, only show them the best of the best.

Alright thanks alot. The only problem with talking to them about what they expect to see is that I'm in Seattle and they are in Miami. And it's not a guarantee of anything, basically sending these pictures to a buddy and he is sending to the big guns.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back