Subtle, Soft, HDR

I would agree with the edited one as well. I always felt the first needed a bit more contrast; however, i tend to like things a bit more contrasty and frankly feel like a broken record these days with "tweak with curves;)

You know when you get an idea in your head? Well when I saw this scene I thought of calendars my parents used to get from their Insurance Company every year. Always nice pastoral soft relaxing lazy laid back dreamy (enough adjectives?) kind of setting and I wanted to do the pic that way. Im like you and like it contrasty too, but in this case it was just trying to bring back some old memories. I sent the original hi res files to Schwettylens so we will see what he comes up with. Im not going to work on it any more.

Based on your vision then i think you produced that look, and that is the important element, what did you see, what did you want; not how the rest of us wanted you to see.

Your edition isn't awful, in fact many people reacted as you wanted them too, then "us loud mouths" came along and decided we knew better:er: we all bring our experiences to the work, doing and reviewing. It is very difficult to separate these from our reactions.

IMHO , there is a big difference in offering c&c about technical issues, then artistic vison.

Mcnugget surely you have heard of masking layers to remove ghosting in hdr correct? You can witness this if you look at my pool side hdr post; I use a mask to remove the ghosting around the little girl. Assumption has led to making you be a jackass who chooses to talk smack about something that you have not bothered to look up please feel free to educating yourself on how to remove ghosting prior to bashing yet on another post.

Here read this Trey Ratcliff explains how to remove ghosting I strongly recommend this to you.
HDR Tutorial Part 3

Thanks but I do know how to remove ghosting.
I think you should re-read this thread and see who statring "bashing" first.
also notice I apologized twice... thanks

Oh you mean "Starting" well I did re-read
you said to Bynx "
I think you meant fake HDR right"
That remark right there made by you is what started the problem.

So then Bynx explains and you persist
"[FONT=&quot]Sure, I made that assumption because the birds are not ghosted from the backeting. I should of asked if you tonemapped this from a single image (and we all know that Tonemapping does not make anything HDR) or if you made local adjustments to remove the ghosting."

Then you tell him "[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I don't mean to offend."[/FONT]

Followed by the right back at it
" I am still skeptical but I do apologize.
Not sure how you could of waited that long and not picked up any ghosting on tree branches or anything "

[FONT=&quot] And then you tell him the following
" [/FONT]Ok well if you want to be a douche .....
I still think its one image.. TONEMAPPED (and not done very well)
I see not reason at all for this image to be HDR, its lacking one very important detail.. DYNAMIC RANGE!

also your WB is way off and you should clean your sensor or at least hide that sensor dust "

Did I leave anything else out? Come again who started?
I think you went about this in the wrong way

The question should've been Bynx how many exposures did it take to create this shot, the reason I am asking because I do not see any ghosting? On the image considering you have moving objects such as the clouds and the birds flying. Sorry to speculate but was this a single tonemapped image? If not how did you manage to avoid ghosting please elaborate.

And I am noticing some sensor dust on your image not sure if you are aware of this and in my opinion it appears your white balance is also off.

The question should've been Bynx how many exposures did it take to create this shot, the reason I am asking because I do not see any ghosting? On the image considering you have moving objects such as the clouds and the birds flying. Sorry to speculate but was this a single tonemapped image? If not how did you manage to avoid ghosting please elaborate.

Well your little post seems a bit one sided when you leave out the comments left by Bynx. By using the same format you posted above Bynx could of replied with "why do you say that?" rather then calling my comment stupid, right?

The first thing I said when I started this thread was "An HDR made of 5 shots. I tried for the old painterly look." Now if I used 5 shots why would you say otherwise and call it a fake HDR? What was it about 5 that you didnt understand? McNugget, how about doing us both a favor and just stay outta my posts. Ive got nothing of interest to show you and you have nothing of interest to say to me.

Sorry if I messed up your beautiful photo Bynx LOL

tree-1.jpg

The only thing I really dont like is that sickly yellow sky. Looks like after a mustard gas attack in WW1. You have brought out things I didnt notice in my original such as that round flair circle on the right.

Bynx, you want the high rez? But the mustard sky has to stay ahhhhahaha :D

Most reactions

Back