Suggest me a camera to look into buying.....

-1badr6-

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have done a lot of searching around and have handled a few camera's but I am still unsure of what to get.

I know exactly what I want the camera for.

I race motorcycles (street bikes) so they are fast moving and I can only get so close to take a picture, probably 30-40 ft away. I am looking for a camera that has obviously great resolution, fast picture taking speed.

I am basically looking to spend $1500 at most for the camera + lenses and case and a large memory card.

Let me know what you guys would suggest.

-Nick

a used d80.

I would have to say that the lens dictates the speed more than the camera body. I would also think that when comparing bodies the shape of them and how they fit your hand would be very important since there will probably be a lot of movement when you are taking the pics (there is a term for it, which I have forgotten, but you follow the moving subject with the camera so that it is in focus and the background is blurred). Also a lighter camera may help a little.

I think when he says speed hes talking more of fps then anything. The only downside i see with going with the d80 is its only 3 fps,Where as the canon 30d you can get with that amount of money and its max is fps. The lowest nikon that shoots at 5 fps is the d200 i believe (correct me if im wrong) and thats around 1500 for body only.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back