Suggestion...

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I posted this idea in Feedback/Suggestions, but Ferny was the only one to respond. We tend not to wander down to that part of the board around here, so I hope that this is okay to post here to get some feedback :)

I was thinking it might be cool to have a photo assignment type of thing, possibly in the themes section. Someone good pick a topic, and then you have a week or two to go and shoot the pics, come back post them. We could run it like a contest, but wouldn't have to. If it was a contest maybe the winner could pick the theme for the next week. It could be a weekly or every other week type thing. Just sort of something that encourages us to go out and shoot, and shoot things specifically.

Feel free to expand on the idea or take away from it.

Another idea is a photo of the month,week,whatever type thing. Everyone posts their pics, and then a mod or someone determines the best pics for the given time, then we vote. This could also be in the themes or wherever, or not at all.

Just throwing a few ideas out. Please don't kill me for posting it in the off topic. In fact just to make it off topic here's a joke from jokes.com:

One day there was a blind man walking down the street and he smelled oranges, so he bought some fruit.

He smelled some pastries, so he bought some donuts.

Then he walked passed a fish market, took a hard sniff, and said, "Hello ladies!"

i like these ideas!!! i would like to offer my services to judge or regulate and choose assignments. i had an idea similar to this awhile back. i really like this idea.

im going to give it some thought.

and that was a diiirty joke :lmao:

I'm up for this too ... maybe these challenges or assignments or whatever you want to call them could be a tad more specific than the monthly photo challenge ... I also like the idea of bi-weekly photo challenges

Sounds good to me anyways :mrgreen:

I like the idea of having a photo assignment. A computer forum that I used to (and still do kinda-sorta) frequent does a similar thing. I am definitely for having like a monthly or bi-weekly assignment. So, would you like to start it? ;)
Here is an example of one of the recent assignments that they did: http://www.spymac.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=166686 (the link to the gallery with the submissions is in the first post)

I'm up for assignments as well. I think it is a good idea.

What I really like is the idea of your photo of the month. It doesn't even have to be judged. At the end of a month for example a thread could be started in The Photo Gallery or Photo Themes and people choose one photo they took that month that they think is their best. It would be really interesting to see everyone's work collected that way.

Good ideas, Amanda. :D

Love the idea of a weekly assignment. I find it so hard to go out and take pics of things if I don't have a goal in sight.

Sweet :) MD, thanks for volunteering :) SOooooooo, I guess we can start this off with the photo assignment thingy. I'll just hop on over to themes and start a post. As for the photo of the month/week/every other or whatever I'm not sure what to do. I guess MD could go through the past week pics and choose a few of his favs, put them in a poll and have a vote, then maybe whoever wins could select the pics for the next week, and go from there? That may be getting to complicated.

For the photo of the month thing I was thinking along the lines of Danalec's YOUR Photo of the Week post in Photo Themes. I think Months might be easier to keep track of than weeks. Not necessarily a contest, but a chance for people to look over what they have done the past month and showcase their one single best shot from that month.

alright amanda! depending on everyones pictures, we might just do something like what twist is doing with the monthly contest, where you guys send me the photos and we host them here or on my site. then we can vote that way.

let me know what you want...

Okay how bout this...each person is able to select their favorite photo posted in either critique or general gallery from any photographer but themselves (since Danelecs thread is to choose your favorite personal shot) at say around the middle of the month (to spread it out between contest time). Then when the time comes, we set up a post where everyone has a day or two to nominate their top 3 pics for the photo of the month. Then the top five that recieve nominations are posted into a poll and voting goes on a few days and then a winner is chosen. That completely changes things a bit, but does take less work and allows everyone a better say in things. What do you all think? If you like it, I can head over to themes and start er up :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back