Suggestions, anyone?

koskilla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for these photographs? I'm just getting into photography, so any pointers whould be awesome. Thanks.

crazysky4.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

P1010113.jpg

I have some more I would like to hear about, but I was just curious to what you had to say about these for now. Go ahead and say what you think, I will take all the critisism as constructive.

Thanks a lot.

photo #1 main things i noticed, watch your horizon line, its abit crooked and dead center. #2 carefull on cropping and pose. looks as if she only has one arm and no hands... but i like that she is off center. #3 play around with long shutter speeds... leave the shutter open for a softer look on the water. and possibly a different angle on the creek. #4 Perfect! looks like a nice playful shot to me...
good work, keep shooting!

Ok, thanks for the quick response!

df3photo said:
photo #1 main things i noticed, watch your horizon line, its abit crooked and dead center. #2 carefull on cropping and pose. looks as if she only has one arm and no hands... but i like that she is off center. #3 play around with long shutter speeds... leave the shutter open for a softer look on the water. and possibly a different angle on the creek. #4 Perfect! looks like a nice playful shot to me...
good work, keep shooting!

The fourth is really funny and I like that one very much!

I find no fault in the third, the area is beautiful and I think you framed it well, all I'd try would be to enhance contrasts and therefore (along with it) colour saturation a bit (often the colours come out more intensely if you lower the brightness just a little and move up contrasts, also only a little - works wonders with many of my photos).

The expression of the girl in Photo 2 is very nice, but I'd totally crop this one. Make it vertical (portrait style) and crop it where her hair ends. (If you then still have a custom sized photo, though, I don't know).

Photo 1 ... yes. Well. Others have said so before me already: the horizon line goes right through the middle of the photo and divides it into a top and a bottom half, whereas here the "Rule of Thirds" would have been welcome: you would either have concentrated more on the sky and given that more room, or on the reflections of the sky in the water and give that more room. Plus your horizon is a bit tilted, but something like that can easily be remedied with any photo processing software. It is, indeed, a bit blue, but maybe you were there at the "blue hour" (dusk) and WANTED to make it obvious?

ok, not a critic here, so i cant help you on that...personally, i love them.. i think the color is so serene on the water...and love the girl shot...i like her just like she is... looks all natural and girl next door kinda girl...
the water is great...

the last one, after i finished laughing was one thought, how funny do you look behind the camera????? if it sends them in this much of a rigor???
( love them all, dude, think you did a wonderful job...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back