Suggestions for helping promote this site?

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.

I've noticed that we already have quite a few regulars (remember this site is still very new), and I'm hoping to see the continued growth. Right now, we are picking up an average of between 3 and 5 members a day. I consider this strong growth, as this is the number of people actually signing up to post, not just those that are visiting and browsing the subjects.

We are also starting to get more visibility on the various search engines, which should also help increase our traffic.

Now, my question for everyone. Do you have any other ideas to help in promoting this site and bringing in more people? If you are in any kind of photography club or group, I'd appreciate you spreading the word. Are there any web sites out there with link lists we should be a part of?

Any ideas would be welcome! If you enjoy what you see here, please spread the word! :thumbsup:

Lastly, let me just say thanks for all of the great input and interest you all have shown so far! Without all of you, this site wouldn't exist.

Chase

Well I certainly feel that this message board will be successful. I check all the time because my work has a lot of slow time.

May I suggest some phbbb mods?

Quick Reply MOD

Favorite Topics MOD

Custom Title MOD

Perhaps you could have some available Avatars and users can use their own after a certain # of posts. Just a thought. :idea:

I personally find links to good places like this through personal sites like photologs. They are the sites people are looking at that are the sort of people who are going to visit forums.
Maybe if you make up a little Photo Forum banner and place it somewhere on a page for people to save as and link to u on their sites?
I would put one up on my photoblog :)

Plus emailing sites with a big audience and asking them to give u a plug. The worst they can do is say no.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back