Suggestions for honeymoon gear.

ToMaNyToYsJf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm getting married end of aug and we are doing a 2wk honeymoon. Right now i have canon 60d with 18-200mm, 50mm and tripod. I'm thinking of upgrading my backpack so I'm able to fit my tripod inside but I'm wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions on lens etc. I know I need a few more memory cards and another battery. Thanks in advance!

My opinion, leave the camera at home and don't leave the hotel room...but that's just me.

For a suggestion more geared towards your question, we need more details. Where are you honeymooning? Will you be taking pictures inside museums or of landscapes? Inside photography or outside? Is the trip centered around photography or do you just want to bring home some memories? What kind of weather/climate will you be in? Are you renting a car or riding in buses/trains/taxis?

It is difficult to make a recommendation without knowing what you want to get out of the vacation/honeymoon, how much space you will have for camera gear, what kind of photos you will be taking, and what your budget is.

Tripods are a must for honeymoons... Bow Chicka Wow Wow.

Honestly, I would look into a nice point and shoot- leave your bulky camera gear at home. I love my S95 for stuff like this.

p!nK

Suggestions for honeymoon gear.

Are you sure you want to open that can of worms? :biggrin:

I just spent two weeks in Africa carrying a boat load of gear. Next time I will take a Canon G12 or Lumix, unless Nikon can quickly step up their game on the high end P&S.

I'd stay in room but I dont think she will hahaha. We are doing 1week Caribbean cruise, 2nd week St lucie sandals. Im going for landscape, memories and some photo opportunities i wouldn't have locally. With only two lens and the tripod space is pretty avaliable. Budget wise ideally up to $500. Hope that helps out

Budget to $500, random pictures you want to take with some being indoors, you already have a tripod, a fast prime and a general purpose zoom.

You also have a few months to practice before hand...easy decision...Canon 580EX II

Last edited:
Your gonna need an industrial paint mixer, a quart of olive oil, a car battery and the cable linkage from a '73 Dodge Charger. As for camera gear, a lot of bags have straps so you can lash the tripod on the outside, was looking into one of these myself. I also like the idea of a point and shoot camera. They are great for going places you might not be comfortable taking your DSLR and they make good general purpose backups in a pinch. I wouldn't want to shoot a wedding with one but they are good for those "hey the dogs doing something funny, let me grab my camera real quick" scenarios.

I would take the new wife, but thats me.

Your gonna need an industrial paint mixer, a quart of olive oil, a car battery and the cable linkage from a '73 Dodge Charger.
:lol: Nice.

Unless you have a tiny tripod, you probably won't find a backpack bag that will hold a tripod on the inside. Many backpack style camera bags are made to hold a tripod on the outside, which is good for hiking etc., but when traveling, put your tripod into your suitcase/checked baggage.

I brought a bunch of camera gear on my Honeymoon, but we went to Costa Rica and went on a bunch of nature tours etc. While I'm sure you'll have some great photo opps on your cruise and at the resort...I'd think long and hard about just bringing a point & shoot that can fit into your pocket. It's so, so much easier to travel, relax etc. when you don't have a big camera bag to worry about all the time.

I'm in Russia right now (just came from Romania) and brought all my gear along and tbh the 18-200 has been on the body 98% of the time. Occasionally I had the 70-300 on for some longer reach shots however the 18-200 and flash goes a looooong way. Often I find that 18mm is not wide enough and currently I'm looking for something even wider :)

I know this may be out of topic since you were asking about lenses, but have you thought about purchasing one of those tripod thingies that you could actually hold? More importantly, my friends went on a trip to Europe and their tripod got stolen (with the camera, of course) as they were taking photos. Maybe a nice solution would be to purchase a chain that you could attach to the tripod and hold on to as you are taking your photos. I know it sounds pretty odd/strange but it is better than losing your camera. Just trying to help here!

I'm also suggesting not to take the camera. Let your wife (assuming she's not a photography enthusiast) take a point-and-shoot.

Didn't take my camera on our Mexican honeymoon, just a P&S, best decision made really. Just go out and enjoy your trip, I find whenever I have my camera I'm too worried about capturing the moment, that I usually miss the moment personally.

Most reactions

Back