Suggestions? No lens, no money.

****in' magnets, how do they work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, I apologize, after reading his posts again and that he was recently in college. My bad.
So you should know that AP Classes are quite stressful when you have like 6 of them and that you have very limited amount of time of finishing your homework.

@Bitter, but you do have to admit though, classes of today are much harder than the classes of yesterday. More information to absorb, even the standards are much higher. Even all my teachers said that the classes of today are harder than what they have learned.

I was reading through all the posts, and was looking forward to defending you... these guys are being pretty harsh on you.... until I got to this post.

You, son, have smarted yourself stupid. Let me ask you some simple questions....

How many hours are in a day in the year 2010?
How many hours were in a day in 1910?
What is 10+10 in the year 2010?
What was 10+10 in the year 1910?
What is the atomical composition of water in 2010?
What was the atomical composition of water in 1910?
What year did Columbus find America in 2010?
What year did Columbus find America in 1910?

Now after answering those questions... how can you possibly suggest that you had less time to do harder work today, than 100 years ago? I was in primary and secondary education for 13 years... I have spent another 12 years in post secondary education... I've got 25 years of education under my belt. I can ASSURE you, the work relative to what I had learned, was no harder in Kindergarten than it was 25 years later while taking my last final.

Now, to answer your question....And I'm surprised you didn't learn this somewhere in all of your AP classes. If you have no money and you don't have anyone to buy you any more lenes... then you aren't going to get any more lenses. There is no Harry Potter magic that will create lenses out of the air for you.

boy what a discussion i use a d40 with two stock lens and plympus 510 also two stock lens and i just love it. really would like to see more than one of this kids pictures anyone else?

This is the most wonderful timeeee of the yeaaaaaar!!! It's Christmas time man! Ask for a new lens. Ask for the 100 dollar nifty fifty man! ****! You're smart aren't you? I was curious previously you mentioned you're not financially stable, How are you going to study bio chemistry and what not if you can't afford classes. I don't know about you but where I love they don't give loans to people that can't pay them back. Just saying. Like mentioned before man go take photos with the gear you got now, try to sell them? Create your own open house hang photos around your house get people to come by and check them out. My parents own a store in town. On a Sunday I got them to agree with if I could hang up photos and get people to show up and check them out if they would print them out for me. They agreed and I made over 400 bucks that day. Not too shabby if I say so myself. Come on man use your imagination!

This is the most wonderful timeeee of the yeaaaaaar!!! It's Christmas time man! Ask for a new lens. Ask for the 100 dollar nifty fifty man! ****!

He already has a 50mm. He has also the 18-55 kit lens. He has also a 75-300. He has also a (cheap) flash. More than the average TPF beginner :) .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back