Summer Evening on 7th Ave

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
NYC. Cars aside, it has a 1940's feel to me.

DSC07755.jpeg

Is that guy about to be hit by a bus?

It has a slight 1940's feel, year, and also a slight Edward Hopper kinda' feel, in a way...but it also has a cellphone-talking-dude, and the man has shorts on and an odd walking gestalt...it's got a slight bit of off-balance attractiveness to it...a sort of 1/50 of a second in time sort of feel...the blue hour + ambient light makes it feel much,much more 21st Century to me, rather than 1940's; this aesthetic, color photography done at blue hour, is VERY,very modern.

It has a slight 1940's feel, year, and also a slight Edward Hopper kinda' feel, in a way...but it also has a cellphone-talking-dude, and the man has shorts on and an odd walking gestalt...it's got a slight bit of off-balance attractiveness to it...a sort of 1/50 of a second in time sort of feel...the blue hour + ambient light makes it feel much,much more 21st Century to me, rather than 1940's; this aesthetic, color photography done at blue hour, is VERY,very modern.
Thanks for your comments! Even when presenting this photo I hadn’t made the connection between “blue hour” and “cityscape.” I’m going to try to work with that concept in a deliberate way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back