adversus

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.adversus.us
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some walking around town today, posting for some good old C&C!

#1:
4736728557_9571243487_b.jpg

#2:
4737369506_f5be4e5f28_b.jpg

#3 - Titled: "Taken 0.05 Seconds Before I Sneezed":
4736713493_6825777671_b.jpg

1. This one is my favorite. I would have tried to get closer / tighter crop, of the flowers in the center. Others are distracting.

2. Squirrel is nice and sharp, just a shame you don't see more of him. Not much you can do about that.

3. Doesn't do anything for me. Just to busy, and it's got that big dark blobs in the background.

Last edited:
3 Is good but would be nice to emphasize on that backlighting with a closer shot.

One is the prettiest, but yes, as eccs is saying: that's one for a crop. Vertical, maybe? Lovely backlighting. Very pretty with flowers. Green background, nicely blurred. All perfect.

Looking at the last, I can feel the sneeze coming on, it lacks in contrasts a bit, I find. The background tree which forms "the black blob" is ok by me, but not so much the fact that the foreground plants don't have the focus.

Nice job Bus Rider. Makes a world of difference. Will be even nicer with the op cropping the original.

1 and 2 are great .

Thanks for the feedback!

I left #1 uncropped since my wife was using it as her background. But I can see the cop making the focus of attention much better. I'll do a cropped version and throw it up.

For the third one, I was going for the feel of sitting in a field of flowers. I intentionally left the focus on the front ones a bit off, as if you were sitting there looking through the "jungle" in front of you.

those are good shots.
btw, i bet your summers are more forgiving. down here it's 100 almost all day, and about 86 at night.

Haha yeah, the nice thing about the Willamette Valley is that it's pretty mild. We rarely get above 100, and humidity is generally not that bad.

Not too bad really. I stopped by your Flickr page and looked through 10 pages or so...these three look like they have a little bit more of an effort toward artiness than your other stuff. I like the quality of the light in the first two shots. The squirrel shot looks a bit greenish--but then, the light under trees like that is often,well, greenish. I like the reflection of the blue sky in his eyeball--that's cool. Shot #3 has a clever title--the title is actually critical to the success of the photo.

1) i like the colors and like the edit done above. looks way better w/ a tighter crop. brings more focus to the subject.
2) colors seems off grainy
3) not catching my interest.

Haha yeah, the nice thing about the Willamette Valley is that it's pretty mild. We rarely get above 100, and humidity is generally not that bad.

humidity is what is killing us in the south. 84% humity here on top of 97 degree weather.

sorry for the pointless comments. again, nice photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back