Summer Weather

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hot temperatures and temperamental weather, is there anything not to love about summer squalls and cumulonimbus clouds? :D

I found a fantastic secret spot in my suburban sprawl that has a top-notch view of the surrounding region -- and I've captured a few cloud photos that I absolutely love. Normally not a fan of cloud pictures because they all look the same, but I thought these held enough quality to warrant sharing. Also, any tips on weather photography would be appreciated!

#1 -- Caught this summer squall last night. I envy the houses that have this view everyday

bursting_finale_by_pianoblack97-d5503r3.jpg

#2 -- These rainy afternoons provide for interesting texture in the clouds, the moon just happened to be a bonus! This reminds me so much of Bespin(Cloud City) from Star Wars

space_clouds_by_pianoblack97-d5503ty.jpg

#3 -- Not as interesting, just reminded me of the Horse Head Nebula

horse_head_nebula_clouds_by_pianoblack97-d54o036.jpg

#4 -- Looming clouds at sunset

storm__s_approach_by_pianoblack97-d54o00f.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I like #1 and #3. I love shooting clouds and particularly weather. I find that if I let the sky and the clouds dominate the image, it seems to work better. A lot depends on the type of weather you are going to photograph. I think if you google "weather photography tips" you will get a lot of stuff to look at. I have also found that I get ideas on composition by studying the works of others who shoot the weather. For me the draw is the clouds, so I tend to make them the dominant element in my images and of course - rule of thirds where feasible. Sharp focus is a must have. I also make good use of my wide angle lens. Practice - practice - practice. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

I really like #1

Wow! Looks like something you would see in space! And for number 1, in the bottom left corner, is that the rain?

Most reactions

Back