Sun starting to set... Noob!!

Simonch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there, still quite new to photography, using my dads DMC-FZ5, got this photo as the sun was starting to set over a park in Aberdeen, Scotland, had to use the highest shutter speed possible to get it as dark as it is though, let me know what you think, cheers!

P1040294-1.jpg

Nice shot, I like it. Shame you didn't get the sunset in the water reflection though.

Yeh, that was a bummer! the problem is that the water is just a tiny pond that is about a foot deep!! and its only about 20 foot wide!! so if i had backed off any more then you would be greeted by a picnic bench, and a stone edge of the pond, its not pretty!

This is one of those photos where not observing the famous rule (don't put your main subject smack into the centre of your frame) does NOT apply. This - so I think - is a nice exception to that rule, for I feel it works very well, EVEN THOUGH the sun IS smack in the centre. Good one. And very wise not to have the picnic bench and the rocks on the bank "greet us". :D

Unfortunately I disagree with LaFoto. It's not working for me because it's right in the center. A reflection is one of the things that can work centered, but I don't think there's enough here or that it's the right kind. With that solid dark berm right in the middle, the image feels unbalanced to me. It's also a bit too much of dark taking up the image with no real info, but that's me. It think you might be able to find a couple different interesting images if you played with the crop some.

Yeh, i see what you are saying! cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back