Sunday afternoon meanderings

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Sunday I wandered around two local parks: the Guild Inn, and the Scarborough Bluffs, taking pictures of 'stuff' and just trying learn how to use my camera better. Here are some of the pics I took:

1. Set of entry gates at the Guild Inn
img1889pssp2.jpg

2. Gates leading into the gardens at the Guild Inn
img1900psbr8.jpg

3. Butterfly by the beach
img2014psan4.jpg

4. Dragonfly
img2023pspv8.jpg

5. Tall Grass
img2026psyo5.jpg

6. Heron
img1985psnc5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

3, 5 & 6 for me!
love the grass shot
cant believe youve got a near a mountain! We've a sewage works near my local park! and the only wildlife in it wears baby blue tracksuits and would stab you for your camera gear.

i like herons

It's not really a mountain...it's the 'bluffs'. A glorified cliff, I guess. Not terribly tall.

I was happy to see the heron, but it was pretty skittish. Every time I'd get reasonably near it would fly off.

great series anty, well done with these..... it still looks like summer over there!?..... i havent seen the likes of butterflies and dragonflies for a while now.... looks like you got good light still too. ;)

nice series anty, enjoyed these... the first one and the dragon fly are my favs... that's still closer than i've been able to get to a heron... i think they can sense my presence from miles around... :thumbup:

Antarctican said:
It's not really a mountain...it's the 'bluffs'. A glorified cliff, I guess. Not terribly tall.

well if it's anything like the cliff I had to walk up to get those shots of Lulworth Cove then its a bloody BIG Mountain :lol:

Love that grass shot. You chose such a wonderful POV. Makes it look like it is competing with the Bluffs (doesn't Chiller go there for his photography at times, too?) in size. Nice!

I also like the butterfly and dragonfly photos. I usually fail in capturing them, they are too quick for me, and too afraid ... same usually applies to herons, though while we were on our boating holidays I did see quite a few ... at last! Those made me wish I had a lens like Andy, our lost prophet, or Rob have...

LaFoto said:
Love that grass shot. You chose such a wonderful POV. Makes it look like it is competing with the Bluffs (doesn't Chiller go there for his photography at times, too?) in size.
Chiller actually showed 3 of us several of his favourite shooting spots on Sunday, including the two depicted here. I already knew of these two spots, having grown up in the area myself, but missed out on him showing the others a nice garden and a cemetery with lots of statues (neither of which I'd ever been to), because I wasn't able to stay that long. :(

So you had the chance to be out and about with CHILLER!?!?!? :shock:

How do I control my envy now!?!?!? ;)
Wow, little meet-up ... and you only so secretly let on?

Heehee, eat your heart out! Chiller was kind enough to give me some really helpful tips on how to use my camera manually, as I tend to use it on the auto functions too often. He is a gentleman as well as an awesome photographer. Maybe you'll come to Toronto for a meetup with Chiller and other Greater Toronto Area TPF'rs like Airic, Raymond, etc.!

Nice series Antartican. I was at the bluffs on the 4th of September, but was unlucky with the light. 5 & 6 are my faves.

#2, #4 are my favorite.

Everything about #2 is beautiful! I love the color of the walls and the shapes or walls and gates. The angle is real nice too. =)

And that dragonfly is so neatly colored! Very itneresting.

Most reactions

Back