Sunday Afternoon

alrey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I figured it was time to share one; a sunday afternoon spent lounging on the couch and the light caught my eye.

sundayhj5.jpg

I'd personally like to see a tighter crop of the subject. I see yoiu don't mind your pictures edited, so I'll demonstrate with one.

edit.jpg

Except with the chairs taken out of the shot to make it less busy.

I like this photo, the room scene, the sunlight contrasts, shiney floorboards, window blind, to me the room is the subject and how the light falls in it, the blue thing can take a hike.
I tried to bring out the detail in that chair back, but theres not much to work with, its like a film scan.
I wouldn't edit a photo if I didn't think it had something.
in for a penny.....

33lmb6d.jpg

2ef8i00.jpg

I agree with the tight crop and the exercise ball matching the scene. Colourizing the ball makes it the focus. I don't think that is your intention.

It's severely blown out. Do you use a light meter?

i really like the first pic just in general

Jox: Thanks for the edits, probably even more of the chair detail was lost when I recompressed to upload. I'll see what I can get out of the original. I wish I had taken a few different exposures, but this was just a snapshot that I ended up liking after the fact.
I agree with the tight crop and the exercise ball matching the scene. Colourizing the ball makes it the focus. I don't think that is your intention.

It's severely blown out. Do you use a light meter?
I kinda wish the exercise ball wasn't there at all, but this was shot at my girlfriends house and by the time I got back home and could review, there wasn't any chance of going back and composing the shot the same way minus the ball.

In pure B&W the ball just looks really out of place (because it is), so I figured I'd just go with it and emphasize it even more. I think it may have looked better if the ball was a little more desaturated.

As for the blown out floor/door/blinds and almost clipped blacks, that's one of the things I kinda liked about the shot. The contrast between the bright afternoon sun and the unlit interior of the room. I didn't use a meter, though, it just came out that way.

the ball scares me.

lol, interesting....

The ball is waiting for you to fall asleep, Thorhammer...

Most reactions

Back