Sundial

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice weather today for a walk through the neighborhood with my camera.

Joe

15279235664_2648c8464b_o.jpg

Love the textures. BTW, what time was it showing - the numbers are a little faint.

Been there awhile. :)

Love the textures. BTW, what time was it showing - the numbers are a little faint.

Thanks. I took it around 4:00 in the afternoon and I did consider flipping it since that would have been about right given a typical sundial face. BTW this is actually a composite. In this close I couldn't get adequate DOF to cover the screw head and chip board so I focused one and then the other and put them together.

Joe

Thanks. I took it around 4:00 in the afternoon and I did consider flipping it since that would have been about right given a typical sundial face. BTW this is actually a composite. In this close I couldn't get adequate DOF to cover the screw head and chip board so I focused one and then the other and put them together.

Joe
seems like a lot of work to get a screw in focus.... :confused-55:

Joe

I just did it again and ran a stopwatch out of curiosity. Just the composite job of replacing the screw head: 1 minute 36 seconds. Now I have to go do the dishes, that's a lot of work.

Joe

Joe

I just did it again and ran a stopwatch out of curiosity. Just the composite job of replacing the screw head: 1 minute 36 seconds. Now I have to go do the dishes, that's a lot of work.

Joe
really? That didn't take anywhere near as long as I was imagining!

Joe

Joe
really? That didn't take anywhere near as long as I was imagining!

Yes, really.

Open both images.
Drag and drop sharp screw head image on top of sharp particle board image.
Align screw heads.
Add layer mask to top image -- filled solid black.
Use white paint brush (on mask) to brush over (reveal) screw head.
Done.

that would take me a while, I don't really know how to use my software and would mess it up ten times.

Most reactions

Back