Sunglasses (Eyewear) Product Photography Question

lafreshxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I am new to photography and product photography to be exact, and boy do I need some help. I am launching a sunglasses business, and It has drained my pockets, therefore I couldn't afford a fancy DSLR, so I bought a Fujifilm S2500 12MP 18X - and I must admit, it works well. I previously owned a DSLR, but sold it due to hard times at the beginning of the year. But in comparison, this fuji camera is just as good.'

However, the problem I am having is with "reflections" and "shadows" - for example, my shots come out good, my lighting is ok, and the background is usually nice and white, but I cant figure out how to make my images look what I consider really cool like these: SABRE_STORE_SABRE or like these: sunglasses, eyewear, aviators, wayfarers - 80's Purple

I've tried it all in photoshop(reflections), bought white/black backdrop and added vinyl on top of the backdrop material in hopes of a reflection , and nope, not a thing! So my question is how do I create a reflection that matches up with the sunglasses perfectly? I know how to do reflections in photoshop, its just that the sunglasses dont match up 200% like the pics listed on the websites above. Is this plexiglass? glass paint, what? I prefer to know black relections, but I am shooting better in white, so that will work too. I just want my brand to be represented in a unique yet classy way. I appreciate you alls help, Thanks,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back