Sunnup & Jesse; shots of the horses

CowboysDaughter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ranch-kiddo.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out the other day snapping pictures of the saddle herd; Sunnup {my Grandpa's horse} was posing for me. These were taken at the full extent of my FZ18's 18X zoom, no tripod.

Horses-71508-005L.jpg

Horses-71508-006L.jpg

Horses-71508-003L.jpg

[Shot below is the same as the above picture, cropped]

Horses-71508-003C.jpg

And Jesse James, a really photogenic horse. He's big and thick and sweet as can be, with a great demeanor and a really wild-fella type look to him.

Horses-71508-009L.jpg

Here are a couple shots of his eye:

Horses-71508-017L.jpg

Horses-71508-019L.jpg

Horses are hard to set up for a pose, and they usually either put their butt to you or have their nose all up in the camera, so I was pretty pleased with what I got here. C&C welcome and appreciated!

Last edited:
You have every reason to be very please with the outcome of your photography, I best like the last photo, it is special. Also the light you had when you took the third/fourth (crop of 3) was especially pleasing and makes his (?) coat shine nicely. Very well done.

Oh. Another thought:

If you like to look a people's photos of horses, you might be interested in this_theme_thread_on_horses, which has been up and running since November 2004, so many a link no longer exists, but let that fact not deter you from waiting until it's built itself up and then look at the photos :D.

Thank you for such kind words! I am very fond of the last photo myself, thank you. I decided Jesse would be the perfect subject for the shot I had in mind there; he has a beautiful eye shape, those long whiskers, and his coloring works well with the black and white, which I think adds a real element and feel to the shot.

I must say, the lighting was really nice that evening, but I did cheat a little and set my FZ18 on "warm" tone. =P

Again, thank you![FONT]

Most reactions

Back