Sunny day in cambridge. First photos.

ReD_KiPPeR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, these are my first real photos for photos sake (rather than holiday snaps). Having just got a new camera, thought I'd have a play. Luckily, have had a few days of nice weather, so I took a few auto bracketed photos and experimented with HDR. Any feedback would be great!

Cheers,
Qi

P1000377_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

This one is my favourite out of the lot, and was taken behind my department.

P1000380_1_2_tonemapped2.jpg

Same location, from a slightly different angle and landscape.

P1000184_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

This was taken next to the Cam, on a different day (full sunshine!). Unfortunately I didn't have a tripod with me at the time, so the grass is a little blurry... May go back there when the weather is nice again as (I think) it makes a nice shot.

Thanks for your feedback!

Qi

It doesn't let you point it.

A nice example of some HDR tone mapping!

His #1 pic
http://lh4.google.com/qipan85/R5aRq...DU0A5M/P1000377_8_9_tonemapped.jpg&imgmax=640

His #2 pic:
http://lh4.google.com/qipan85/R5aRq...INp0k/P1000380_1_2_tonemapped2.jpg&imgmax=640

and #3 pic:
http://lh4.google.com/qipan85/R5aRq...KteUoo/P1000184_2_3_tonemapped.jpg&imgmax=640

Quote this message, get the complete link and copy/paste it into your web browser. You cannot even click on the links, it will not let you do that. Google is not very cooperative, I suppose.

That doesn't work either. Can someone tell me how to see these photos? - I know Cambridge well tho' I live on the other side of the world, and I'd like to see them.

right click on the question marks (or whatever you have, I dunno, I use Safari on a Mac) and save them to your computer and open em there.

Looks like noone liked my HDR photos of little red crosses :-(

Thanks for letting me know as because I was logged into my picasa account the pictures were still showing on my browser!

Cheers,

Qi

That doesn't work either. Can someone tell me how to see these photos? - I know Cambridge well tho' I live on the other side of the world, and I'd like to see them.

Ah, unfortunately these aren't the shots people would normally take of Cambridge, although I'm sure I'll be taking some photos of the various colleges and posting them on this forum at some stage :)

Wow, very nice! The look very surreal. The first one looks like a scene from Lord of the Rings! Which camera did you use?

I can see them and they look great. I like the tree trunks and the way they almost look "drawn" instead of real. And I wouldn't worry about the blurry grass.

My favorite was the first one but I can see Frodo crossing several of these.

Wow, very nice! The look very surreal. The first one looks like a scene from Lord of the Rings! Which camera did you use?

Hi Andrew - thanks for your comments. I was using a simple point and shoot camera (a panasonic DMX-TZ3). Have only had it for a few days. Thought I'd take a few random pictures around cambridge with it so that when I go to Egypt next week I can get some good photos!

Thanks for your feedback guys - much appreciated and has inspired me to start taking up photography as a hobby (albeit with a p&s...).
Here's another one I took later that same day ;)
gandalf-returns-to-hobbiton.jpg

I hate it when wizards get in my shots I always tell them to leave but they never listen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back