Sunpak PZ 5000AF

OmlessWanderer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone here that can answer a couple questions about this flash for me?

Does it have a PC connection?

I read a user review here that says:
I use it in auto mode and set output power depending on
whether I'm bouncing the flash or firing it forward.

What I would prefer is if the Sunpak allowed overriding of parameters in its
manual mode because sometimes the auto mode doesn't push out enough power.
So manual mode is pretty useless when its on the hotshoe.
Do you know what this person is talking about? I plan to use it as an off camera flash with a PC cord if possible, or a HS to HH adapter if not. Am I going to find limitations with this flash compared to a Vivitar 285HV or Nikon SB-24 or otherwise comparable flash unit?

How is the coverage? Later in the thread the person says they thought the flash coverage is unbalanced towards the top of the frame. Is this to be expected from this flash or was this gripe possibly isolated?

Any other pro's/con's?

Thanks

Looks as though you would be unhappy. If you are wanting it for your Nikon, get an Sb-28. Otherwise get a Metz. If you just have to have a Sunpak, get the 522 or 622.

mike

It's not that I just have to have a sunpak... I'm looking to set up a "strobist" style off camera system that will be used in manual mode and I found the sunpak for sale at a very undervalued price. The other flash I'm looking at is the Vivitar 285HV... Does anyone know any other comparable units off hand?

I called Adoramo today and got the answer to all the questions I posted except whether it has a PC sync terminal or not. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back