Sunrise across Ivanpah

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Morning sun across Ivanpah Valley toward Clark Mountain, Mojave Desert, CA.
780c3589.jpg

This picture totally blows me away!!

Wow abraxas, good stuff as usual.

Thanks Coldow91 & RKW3.

Thanks Joey-

I always look forward to your posts. The colors are very pleasing. Not too sure about the fall-off in the front. And is that a tow truck crossing the desert floor on the left?

another wonderful abraxas photo! i love the texture in this, is this digital or film?

I always look forward to your posts. The colors are very pleasing. Not too sure about the fall-off in the front. And is that a tow truck crossing the desert floor on the left?

No, that's a tree out there- not sure what kind though. Thanks!

another wonderful abraxas photo! i love the texture in this, is this digital or film?

Thank you- Digital.

Beautiful colours. Is the greenish haze on the horizon normal for your area?

Thanks, the the green isn't normal at all. I blew it on the sky treatment. I shouldn't touch the 'hue' slider. Thanks for pointing that out.

Nice! I am going to post some Death Valley pics in a moment, but they not as beautiful as this.

Love & Bass

Thanks. DV is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll do it justice. Can't wait to see them. I won't be able to get out there until late November/December, will have to live vicariously I guess.

Nice! I just crossed thru the Mojave desert to get to Death Valley. Near Shosone CA. Where is this in relation to where you visited?

Love & Bass

This is south and east of Shoshone maybe 80-90 miles or so. Out there that's the same nieghborhood. I stayed in Nipton and went out to a place called Desert Crossing to get this. Nipton is due south of Stateline, Nevada. If you look at the bottom of the mountain, there is a lighter colored line running across the image. This is the 15 freeway. To the left, west is Barstow/LA, to the right, east, is Las Vegas.

Shoshone & Tecopa are cool. Check this out: Shoshone Interactive Satellite Image

Nipton is a trip. I stayed in the Nipton Hotel- 6 rooms, two baths (you share).

Hotel Nipton
867f.jpg

Nipton, California

I was on my way to nominate this for POTM and saw that someone beat me to it! Bugger! Well anyway, the colors are just fascinating. True art at its best. I wish I could give you a critique, but I cant find anything wrong with it. Astounding.

NJ

I was on my way to nominate this for POTM and saw that someone beat me to it! Bugger! Well anyway, the colors are just fascinating. True art at its best. I wish I could give you a critique, but I cant find anything wrong with it. Astounding.

NJ

I see that :) Thanks! Seems to be a good month for me. I hope it keeps up. Craig's pictures of Death Valley are driving me nuts right now. I'm going the other direction in a few hours, and that's cool- sort of. I guess.

(pssst.. thanks Coldow91 ;) )

Most reactions

Back