Sunrise and Winter Tree, C&C Please

phiya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This first shot I almost forgot about. I was up early one morning while working near down town San Jose. I noticed this crane out of the 5th story window of my hotel room. I hurried to grab my gear so that I could get over there before the sunrise really started. I spent some time cloning out some telephone wires that were in my way. I hope you guys can't tell too much. :mrgreen:

20101014-DSC_0613 by Ricky Jay, on Flickr

This shot I took in Quincy, Ca last week. I thought this tree kind of told the story of the long hard winter they are about to have. I adjusted my tones and curves a bit on this one and added a very slight vignette. Your comments are appreciated!

Winter Tree (2 of 1) by Ricky Jay, on Flickr

Picture 1 is excellent, I love how the image is framed with the poles coming up from the bottom of the image, and the sky/cloud formation is great

I like the first one, but the side of the tree is cut off. It'd be good to have a little space there.

The houses do nothing for the picture, and it doesnt seem remotely wintery.

Yeah, I had no room to go back and I was as wide as I could get for the tree, and had I been able to get the whole tree in (not sure I could have) it would have had to be directly centered. Compromised a bit on that shot.

And of course it doesn't look like winter to you there, you're from the frozen tundra of Michigan. :lol:

First one is OK, I like the sky... would probably try to clone out the tree on the left and some of the extra of the one on the right to make it look complete.

Second one does nothing for me.

And no, that's not winter - you don't have all four seasons. :)

Oh it's ABOUT to be winter in Quincy. We got out just before the storm, they'll be snowed in from about mid December-March or April usually. I don't live there, I just work there sometimes. I however, do not have a winter like much of the US... it does get damn cold in the High Desert, but we don't see the snow like you will. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back