Sunrise at the 'India Gate'

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
firstly are we allowed to post more than a pic a day? if we arent then oops!

ok so here's a photograph taken in the surrounding areas of India Gate. The actual structure is massive and quite a piece of architectural beauty, its a war memorial built to honour the 80000 soldiers (British and Indian) who died in war. The structure has the names of 80000 of these soldiers etched on the walls. I'll post a pic of the actual structure later but heres a pic from its surrounding area...

ig1.jpg

If your pictures are all of that level then post as many as you like as often as you like.
Splendid contre jour shot. I hope you purposely waited for that bird to be there and it wasn't an accident ;-)

Thanks Hertz! well my intention was to have the bird in the shot, i took loads but was never sure if i had them till i processed the film...
thanks a lot, i will be posting more :)

c'mon... no brutal comments..?! i expected you guys to rip it :p

Well, I am another noob here but a fair background in traditional photography. The shot is lovely in terms of composition, but on my monitor seems a bit flat. I would have liked a bit more contrast, especially in the sky area. But I stress this is on my monitor. Overall, quite lovely.

I also would like to see more contrast, as well as a more defined "sun star" or whatever you want to call it. If it's possible, I would go back and try a smaller aperture and longer shutter speed. (to bring out the sun star) How's that for brutal! :evil: (don't hate me :))

But seriously, it's a good shot, I like the composition, and the bird is great ;)

Thanks Zeitgiest and clarinet.
I will go back and try more.... and since contrast is what the two of you talk bout im going to give it a try.. thanks for looking and for your comments :)

Mansi said:
c'mon... no brutal comments..?! i expected you guys to rip it :p

Hehe, ok you asked for it!

I think the only oprobs here are it needs a bit of straightening - jus slight to the right.
You could also do some work on the sky if u like. It is very nice as is and doesn't detract IMO but some may like more contrast/drama in the sky.

The bird - perfect.
I like the off-centre placement.

It's a beaut of a shot mansi.:thumbup: Worthy of a place in your portfolio.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back