Sunrise at the top of the world.

Great shot, OP. That's a wall-hanger for sure.

I'd like the birds more if you gave the horizon a 1 degree clockwise shift.

Another question -- it doesn't appear that you were focused on infinity or hyper focal or anything - you look nailed on the birds. That's hard, especially (1) in a lighting situation like this and (2) with a moving target.

Another question -- it doesn't appear that you were focused on infinity or hyper focal or anything - you look nailed on the birds. That's hard, especially (1) in a lighting situation like this and (2) with a moving target.

That's the thing, this was taken with a cheap bridge camera that had no manual focus control so I had aimed at the rocks but in this shot it appears the camera picked up the birds. Is amazing because as you say lighting and movement, but also because normally that thing was so slow to focus anything other than dead still beat it. This day, I just got lucky. (I have now bought my first SLR just over a week ago, the difference is staggering, am hugely excited to get to grips with it)

Am going to get this printed to canvas and hang it for sure. Thank u all for your comments, only my second post ever other than on instagram, you have all boosted my confidence to do more.

Most reactions

Back