Sunrise in Maine - C&C

Wow, nice shot! Even though the lighthouse is nearly dead center, the shot still doesn't fell bulls-eyed at all. I never would have guessed this was an HDR, which is how they should be, IMO. The soft feel also seems to go to work for you in this shot. The only thing I would even consider changing in this shot is the exposure of the lighthouse itself. That much being said, it still looks fantastic to me!

Here would be my edit:
3300717852_ba36a00df2_b.jpg

Crosby - Thanks for your input; what exactly did you do to the photo? Did you just lighten the entire thing?

TheSon - thanks for your input too, but it seems to make it just a little too light and loses the detail in the sky

That is fantastic work.

This is completely unrelated, but I got married in nearly the exact spot you stood to take that photo.

That is fantastic work.

This is completely unrelated, but I got married in nearly the exact spot you stood to take that photo.

That's awesome. PHL is such a beautiful location. How close to that spot were you? There sure wasn't a lot of area around me for a big ceremony.

Amazing shot.

Like said before, the softness makes this picture even better!

Sort of, I took it in photoshop and messed with the levels a bit, and did end up lightening the entire image just a bit, then I dodged the lighthouse and the rocks just a little bit more. I think I ended up going over it all once or maybe twice with the dodge exposure set to 11% is all. I kinda like your edit better though.

I love the look of this pic, def has a dreamy quality too it. Def make me want to go there.

sweet pic. i might have wanted to see less of the sky and more of the rocks, but still looks sick.

Thanks, I would have liked to get more rocks but there were ugly dead bushes below the camera that prevented me from doing it

Most reactions

Back