Sunrise Observer; Galveston, TX

wow, i really like this photo, the colors are amazing and the wet stone looks awesome

Thanks guys :)

I always enjoy the early morning trips to Galveston, never seems to disappoint like the afternoon ones do! :p (You know, the ones where you can tell the water is brown)

Awww. Such a cutie!

Unfortunately, when I was on Galveston, it was only and forever foggy and while we lived in a condo on the waterfront, we rarely even saw the water (not QUITE as bad, but pretty bad).

And I wasn't that much into photography at the time, either, and we were accompanying DH on a business trip which had a couple of hiccups at first that stressed him out a bit, so there was no time and not even any THOUGHT of looking for lovely places like this one at such favourable hours as this one.

Mind you, we were travelling with a not quite 2 and a not quite 6 year old, so there was little time for thinking of "time outs for photography" anyway.

So I must now memory-enjoy Galveston by proxy.
Thanks for letting me do so, Joe :D.

Awesome capture. I can't even get up for sunrise!

Wow, beautiful shot! Lovely subtle colours, and I like how they're reflected in the water on the breakwall and on the tops of the curling waves. The bird in the foreground is a nice touch too.

Thanks guys :)

I always enjoy the early morning trips to Galveston, never seems to disappoint like the afternoon ones do! :p (You know, the ones where you can tell the water is brown)

Hahah, I seem to remember you groaning about getting up at 4am! :lol:

....which wouldn't have had to happen a second time if I had not lost 300 pictures the time we went before that! :shock:

Hahah, I seem to remember you groaning about getting up at 4am! :lol:

....which wouldn't have had to happen a second time if I had not lost 300 pictures the time we went before that! :shock:

who wouldn't be groaning? lol! Doesn't mean it wasn't worth it ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back