Sunrise or Sunset?

Sunrise or Sunset?

• Total voters

Not Neve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shark's photos of sunsets triggered this poll. Do you prefer a sunrise or a sunset?

I surprised myself with my answer. There's something about a beautiful sunrise that just makes me feel like it's gonna be a good day and I'm thankful to be alive. Is that too sappy? I think it's cause I'm rarely up and out and about early enough to catch the sunrise and when it's a beautiful sunrise it's my reward for getting up early.

I prefer a sunrise, because I'm hardly ever up in time to catch one. Unlike a sunset which I see every other day.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but having seen an awful lot of both it seems as though sunsets most often look the best with better colors and cloud formations.

I chose sunset because I'm never up for the sunrise.

Plus since this is on topic, I think it's better in the General photography forum as it will get more response.

Thanks, Voodoo! I really meant to put it in the General Discussion!

I'm not much of a fan of photos that have the sunrise or sunset as the main subject, but I do think that these times are the best of the day for shooting landscapes. I prefer to get up early and get to the location in time for sunrise.

I would agree with Mrsid99, sunset seems to have more clouds (at least around here), but sunrise is often accompanied by fog, and since I'm shooting other stuff than the actual sun that works well for me.

I like the way you can see a good sunset coming. You look up into the sky and wonder if it will be spectacular or just ordinary. I love to shoot sunsets and trying to anticipate really great ones. Maybe you could do the same for sunrises but if I'm up that early...I'm in no shape to hold a camera steady.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back