Sunrise over Boston - C&C

mosu84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got up early this morning for a few shots of the skyline. All C&C welcome as always.

3343332183_7995ec27b0_b.jpg

3343481701_042d443b43_b.jpg

3343374037_e4274b5fdf_b.jpg

3344887984_8aae177118_b.jpg

#1 is beautiful! The colors are just perfect! IMO you could improve it by showing a bit more sky. The other shots are very nice as well, but the blue hour is just the best time to shoot.

Numbers 1 and 3 are very nice. The colors in number 1 really make that shot and the feeling in 3 is what I like. It is just peaceful and relaxed, no chaos and no drama.

Love the first one! Great colours and the reflection is awesome!

can you post the EXIF for the first shot? PRetty nice

Thanks everyone. Here's the EXIF for #1

Camera: Nikon D40
Exposure: 20
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 24 mm
Exposure: 0.00
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

Amazing shots! as said before my favorite would be number 1.

Good work!

Pretty nice. A couple comments...

1. Did you use manual focus? It looks like the first shot isn't -quite- focused.
2. Do you have a wider angle lens? Wider would be good if possible. (you're partly cursed here because I happen to know that skyline very well because I've shot it so many times myself) :)

Hail, fellow Bostonian! :)

Pretty nice. A couple comments...

1. Did you use manual focus? It looks like the first shot isn't -quite- focused.
2. Do you have a wider angle lens? Wider would be good if possible. (you're partly cursed here because I happen to know that skyline very well because I've shot it so many times myself) :)

Hail, fellow Bostonian! :)

I used auto focus for all 4 shots. I think you and I had a lengthy thread way back when I posted my first shot of this skyline. I was zoomed in a little bit, but my widest is 18mm. I'm not sure what you want to include, though, it seems pretty dead on either side of the Prudential and Hancock. Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate any other criticism you can offer

I love shooting skylines also and I really like these!! My favorite is #1. It looks like 3 is tilted to the right slightly but that could just be me. I've been told some of my work was slightly tilted and though they were fine. lol

Most reactions

Back